Regulations of the Alumni Association of the Graduate School of the International Development, Nagoya University
Article 1: Name
The name of this organization is the Alumni Association of the Graduate School of the International Development, Nagoya University (hereafter, the Alumni, the GSID, respectively).
Article 2: Purpose
The Alumni is concerned with the following purposes:
- Promotion of mutual friendship and exchange among its members
- Contribution to the progress of GSID
- Promotion of International development studies
Article 3: Tasks
In order to realize the above mentioned purpose, the Alumni deals with the following tasks:
- Issuing a members list
- Promoting information exchange among members
- Supporting GSID and students
- Other necessary tasks to realize the aforementioned purpose
Article 4: Membership
The Alumni is organized with the following memberships:
- Regular membership: Present/past students, graduates from the regular Master’s and Doctoral programs, research students, and those who have obtained a doctorate by submitting a doctoral dissertation
- Supporting membership: Present/past professors, staff and research fellows
- Associate membership: Individuals, organizations, and corporations who respect the purpose of the Association, and are approved by the Officials Committee
Article 5: Officials
The Officials of the Alumni consists of the following:
- President (one)
- Vice Presidents (two)
- Accountant (one)
- Auditor (one)
- Advisor (one: dean of the GSID)
Article 6:Election and official term of office
- The officials stated in article 5 shall be nominated at the Officials Meeting, and must be approved at the general meeting.
- The official term of office is two years. The reappointment of sitting officials to a new term of office is permitted.
Article 7: Duties of the officials
The Officials shall perform the following duties:
- The President controls the services and represents the Alumni.
- The Vice Presidents support the President.
- The Secretaries perform necessary services.
- The Accountant manages the membership fees by reflecting the intentions of the general meeting and the Officials’ meeting.
- The Auditor inspects the tasks and the account and reports it to the general meeting and the officials’ committee.
- The advisor provides necessary advice to the Alumni.
Article 8: General meeting
- The regular General Meeting shall be held once a year in principle and determine the basic direction of the Alumni. Additional General Meetings will be held if the association’s officials feel that one is necessary.
- The president shall call all general meetings.
- Decisions at the general meeting require the approval of the majority of attending members.
Article 9: Officials Committee
- The Officials Committee consists of all Officials (see article 5). The Committee’s Meeting shall be held once a year in principle and be in charge of the performance of the Alumni’s tasks. However, additional meetings will be held if deemed necessary by the majority of the attending officials.
- The Officials Meeting shall be called and chaired by the President.
- The Officials Meeting shall be approved by the majority of attending officials.
- Official decisions at the Officials Meeting requires a majority of votes from attending members.
Article 10: Secretariat
- The Secretariat of the Alumni shall be placed in GSID, and be controlled by the Alumni members.
Article 11: Fees
Members shall pay the following fees:
- Regular members: Yen 3,000 as entrance fees
- Supporting members: Yen 3,000 as entrance fees
- Associate members: at will
Article 12: Account and fiscal year
- Alumni expenses shall be managed through membership fees, donations and other incomes.
- The fiscal year shall start on April 1st of each year and end on March 31st of the following year.
Article 13: Amendment of Regulations
- Amendments to regulations must be first proposed at the Officials’ meeting, and subsequently, approved by the General Meeting.
Additional clause: These regulations come into effect on July 15, 2000.