- Purpose of the program
- Fields of Profession for Program Graduates
- Positions Held by Program Graduates
- MA and Ph.D. Theses
- Program Director: Hideo Yamagata
- Core Professors:
- Hideo Yamagata (Conflict Resolution, UN Law)
- Yukiko Nishikawa (Conflict and Development)
- Sanae Ito (Poverty Reduction, Social Development)
- Yuzuru Shimada (Law and Development Studies, Indonesian Law)
- Supporting Professor:
- Hirotsune Kimura (Governance) Retirement is scheduled in March 2012.
- The following subjects will be covered: 1) theories and approaches for reconstruction assistance in post-conflict societies, 2) the relationship between conflict and development, 3) vaious phases of development assistance to post-conflict societies, the role of donor sates, international organizations, agencies, NGOs and non-state actors.
- Objectives: to understand basic concepts and questions regarding development assistance and international cooperation in preventing conflicts and in reconstructing post-conflict societies: why conflicts occur, whether or not international community should intervene, what way it should intervene when it approves its intervention, whether or not development assistance enables post-conflict societies to stabilize peace.
- This program is designed for those students and people in general who seek to be engaged in the area of international peace cooperation.
- Project desiners facilitators, and those who implement peace-building projects in such organizations as JICA, JBIC, UNHCR, UNDP, World Bank, UNICEF, UNESCO.
- Those who work for consulting companies which carry out projects for emergency humanitarian assistance, reconstruction and development assistance.
- Research institutes and think-tanks in the field of conflict analysis, investment risk analysis: JETRO, Japan Institute for International Affairs, FASID and etc.
- University professors
Master’s Program Graduates:
- Japan Overseas Cooperation Volunteers
- JICE, JICA, and other development assistance agencies
- Toshiba, イビデン, and other coompanies
- 市民フォーラム21, NPO Center
- Marketing analysits in Petroleum companies in Azerbaijan, Kuwait
Doctoral Program Graduates:
- University Professors (lectures, associate professors) : Kassesert University (Thailand), 開南大学（台湾）,University of Columbo (Sri Lanka)
Recent Master’s Thesis Titles：
- Energy Poverty Eradication in Indonesia’s Remote Rural Areas: An Institutional Analysis on the Governance of Electricity Based Energy Service for the Rural Poor
- Community-Driven Development and Women’s Empowerment in the Reconstruction of Afghanistan: A Case Study of Community Empowerment Programme for Women (CEPW) in Balkh Province
- Rethinking Higher Education in Afghanistan: Social Focus on Education Reform From 2002 to Present
- The Construction of Identity of the Kashmiri Pandits in the Kashmir Conflict (1998 to 2009): A Case Study of the Delhi Pandits’ Perspective on Kashmirivat
- The Impact of UNRWA’s Assitance on Palestinian Refugees in the West Bank: A Study of Aid in Protracted Refugee Situations
- Success of Local Integration of Tajik Refugees in Turkmenistan
- The role of media in peace building in Afghanistan: Promoting legal crops to eradicate poppy
- The Issue of Reservations of Nuclear Weapon States to the Protocol to the Treaty on the Southeast Asia Nuclear Weapon-Free Zone
Recent Ph.D. Dissertation Titles：
- Thailand’s Domestic Politics and its Foreign Policy-Making:With the Empirical,Study of Chatichai’s Turn the Battlefields in to Marketplaces’ Policy,1988-1991:
- Humanitarian Activities of the UN Peacekeeping Operations in Africa